If you’re a vape fan living in Los Angeles, listen up!
As you may or may not know, newly elected Mayor Eric Garcetti intends to sign a bill that would outlaw e-cigarettes, personal vaporizers (PV), and vape pens in public places like parks, restaurants, and pretty much any workplace that isn’t a bar or dedicated “vapor lounge.” This resolution was passed by the LA City Council at the end of February but it has been languishing on Mayor Garcetti’s desk since the vote happened on March 4. Until Garcetti decides whether or not to sign the resolution into law, we suggest the following 5 spots in the Greater Los Angeles area to use your favorite Pulsar personal vaporizer while out on the town with your significant other. Don’t have a significant other? Have no fear, this list works for singles too. By the end of this post you’ll be ready to #DateVape like a pro!
1. Runyon Canyon – One of my favorite places to go running, this place never has parking but it does have plenty of eye candy. If you’re in need of some visual titilation and you’re running short on twenties, I highly suggest taking the Pulsar 7 Vaporizer for a little hike/jog/run around the dusty hills and trails of Runyon Canyon situated just west of Griffith Observatory in the Hollywood Hills. Who knows? You might even run into a celebrity like Nicole Richie or Cara Santana (pictured below) or you might just meet a friendly stray dog. If you play your cards right, you may encounter a sexy jogger or yogini and score some digits. Either way, it’s always an adventure at Runyon Canyon.
2. Dodger Stadium – Now that baseball season is in full swing, you can get your vape on in the somewhat amiable confines of Chavez Ravine. A couple years ago this place wasn’t exactly the most family friendly, unless you consider your gang your family. Just two years ago the Dodger Stadium parking lot was the scene of a nearly fatal beating of an opposing team’s fan. But with Magic Johnson running the show, the Dodgers are a contender again, and there are security lights in the parking lot so your date will feel super safe and secure. I suggest making this your first date with Ms. Runyon from Vape Spot 1. Just grab your Pulsar Ninja, some tasty wax, buy her some peanuts and crackerjacks, and you’ll have a high-larious time out at the ol’ ballgame.
3. Point Mugu State Park – This is the best place for beach camping in Southern California. One of my favorite memories was camping here with my buddy Curtis and his fiancee. We took to the surf and had one hell of a time in the waves; lots of people don’t realize that Point Mugu is one of the best locations on the Pacific Coast Highway for surfing enthusiasts. This is because of the way the land curves northward at the point. You get lots of bodacious breakers due to the the gnarly topography and shifting wind currents. It’s only $20 to rent a place to camp; no life guards on duty though so be sure someone in your group is CPR trained if you’re going to brave the waves of the Point. These waves can be treacherous at times so you definitely don’t want to surf alone; make sure that you and your lady friend keep a close eye on each other while navigating the breakers. Oh, and we suggest waiting til you’re safely on shore before ripping your favorite Pulsar Vape at Point Mugu.
4. Santa Monica Ferris Wheel – The centerpiece of Pacific Park at the tip of the Santa Monica pier on the Pacific Ocean, the Ferris Wheel is a great place to enjoy a panoramic sunset and an amazing view of the City of Angels. It’s not really a thrill ride so much as a place tailor made for makeouts. We suggest bringing your Pulsar Buck Naked Vaporizer and the hot date whose digits you scored at Runyon Canyon. She’ll go nuts for your delicious e-liquid, and who knows? Maybe she’ll go for your nuts too.
5. La Brea Tar Pits – You can vape your Pulsar Vortex while checking out the petrified remains of a Saber Toothed Tiger or even an Ice Age Bumblebee. This place is incredible; it’s a living, breathing science fair in action. Not only do they have the museum with artifcats found and studied from the excavation, you can actually watch live excavations in process. This is where the world’s leading paleontologists go to find the largest deposits of Ice Age era fossils. It’s the Super Bowl of archaeology right here in our own backyard. Okay so it’s not exactly anyone’s backyard. It’s actually in the middle of the thriving Wilshire Blvd business district, which makes it even more amusing that this is a mecca for scientists worldwide. Still the sludgy tar will go great with the hash oil you’re vaporizing in your Pulsar Stylus vaporizer. We put this one last because the tar pit is one of those date places you don’t necessarily want to lead with.
Gotta make sure she’s down with Wooly Mammoths before whipping out your Mastodon!
Hope that this list has helped you with some ideas for your next #DateVape. If you have any questions or suggestions for other great places to vape in Los Angeles before the tyrannical restrictions take effect, please let me know!